Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
The word “manager” has picked up quite a few negative connotations over the years. However a SAFe manager or product owner is nothing like the popular idea of the management role.
This two-day course teaches the core values, knowledge and techniques of a SAFe manager. A specialized role that ensures Lean principles are applied and managed effectively. Attendees who complete this course will become proficient in the latest methods used to manage backlogs and programs as part of the Agile Release Train (ART).
Becoming a product owner or manager is about far more than simply rote learning of rigid mechanisms. It’s about an entirely new way of thinking. Specifically Lean thinking, expressed as the ability to conceive of Epics and break them down into their constituent parts; features and stories.
Attendees of this course will also gain insight into the processes that all Agile team members contribute to. Such as the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They are exposed to DevOps culture. Leading to a deeper understanding of the whole, making it much easier to integrate with the Agile team.
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
Onsite Course Bookings
This course is available as an on-site course. If you would like to book this on-site course for your organisation, please email us at email@example.com for further information and available dates.
- Business Managers.
- Product Managers.
- Product Owners.
- Agile Project & Programme Managers
- Business Analysts.
All are welcome to attend, however having the following background experience/knowledge will be useful :
- Attendance of the Leading SAFe course
- SAFe working experience
- Familiarity with Lean and Agile
When attendees pass this course, they will receive:
- A SAFe Product Owner/Manager Certificate
- Digital Badge
- Community of Practice Access (1Year)
- Usage Guide
- Access to additional learning materials